Well in my efforts to shed my Facebook account I felt that it was time to revive the old blog. So Here goes, and maybe I will keep it up. No promises but I will try.
So in 2017 I got the Datsun into fighting trim and as the last post noted it did not go well, but here is what it looked like. There are some big changes coming in the rear end of the car to make it stronger and more reliable so I can figure out how to go faster in it…
New Aero all complete
So my buddy Mike and I made Aero and drove the car till we broke it and then fixed it and broke it again and again and again…
Mike heading around the course
Mike heading up the hill
So thats what it look like today in the driveway and on course. All the changes this year are going to be under the skin…
Last year was a rough year for the old Datsun race car. We got 9 runs in out of something around 70 something possible runs. The rest we broke the car during practice starts at every pro solo except for the Finally in Lincoln Nebraska. Where we got in 7 runs before the output shaft of the Diff decided it was time to retire. I put a new one in but we did not run again in the pro solo finally deciding instead to run it in the regular nationals finally and hopefully get in 6 runs and at least complete one national event for the year…
Then we got home and fixed everything only to repeat in Oscoda Michigan this time we blew up the diff instead of the Universal joint followed by the transmission output shaft which is what we blew up in Toledo.
Then we got to Lincoln Nebraska and blew up a diff output shaft again just like in Oscoda.
The car looked like this most of this year, here it is assuming the position in Lincoln Nebraska.
Changes are afoot for this year since last year was such a disaster. More to come.